Tuesday, December 06, 2005

its a bit rough, but my thoughts for today

The bus drives past
I count my change
Not a ride or a sandwich
For 27p, not a crumb
And so I stow it
And plod on

My feet ache
The sreet continues
Buses fly past
Houses stand tall
Warm and smug

Other days i have sat
On bus tall
Or cafe warm
To turn to see a walker
Plodding ever on
Or sitting, exhausted
With blankets wrapped around
Sodden, dirty.

Pity rose, compassion flooded
The gangle of coins
Yet warm, dry and moving
I continued
On my speedy way
Not so them.

Now however I am one
Little keeps me from that fate
Only faith andpatient Grace.
We are the same
Only flesh and bones
Yet simple paper and coins
Changes everything

PLatforms are made,
To distinguish or remove
Some from the biting reality
Of an empty purse
And sore feet
Humanity at its most human
Yet most hidden
But why hide
Who we truely are
Naked, shivering and broke
Only then can we not
Hide who He
Truely is.

No comments: