Friday, August 24, 2007

so it appears the long holidays are drawing to a close.....

I can't say I have done anything too exciting with them. No great adventure to the great unknown or unscaled mountain peaks climbed or anything.
But I have sat here with my crumblies (as my folks are affectionately known), done some gardening, made copious amounts of jam and otherwise got a little bored. Not in a bad way I don't think. In a way that is very hard to do in the middle of London. There are always things to do so having nothing to do is perhaps a good way to rest.

So next week is London, a new house, old job and perhaps a new hobby or two......beyond that I can't really tell. My heart is beginning to yearn for adventure again..... but perhaps this year it is adventure of a different sort. Discovering the unknown inside as opposed to out there, somewhere. The time for that will come too.......

A book making me v excited at the mo... the life of Gertude Bell (great name)... a Victoiran woman who defied tradition and went off into the desert looking for and finding an adventure her gender could only dream off..... (she then went on to help establish modern Iraq and was the source of many of todays problems.... but no ones perfect hey!!)

still, the idea of riding solo into the desert..... oh it still entrances me, just as it did her 100 years ago.

No comments: