Monday, September 17, 2007

community is yet again challenging and humbling me. I really love it, however scary it might feel.

The guys here are great, for so many different reasons. But the main being they just love.

I turn up here and they just open their arms and love me.
But what strikes me is that it is not hinged on approval. I think I have been looking for approval in some shape, way or form. So i get here and get scared because they don't need to approve me to love me. they just do. and freely.

its almost shocking.

well for me anyway.

Cause i realise that this is how God loves. With no check list, no conditions, no certificate or anything...... he just does.
Its not like applying for a bank loan..."excuse me Lord, I would quite like you to pay off my debts please". At which point he checks your previous behavior and likely ability to reoffend. Oh sorry, it looks like you screwed up too much in the past and your current career is not suitable for the life of a Holy Joe. Approval denied.

Nope. Not him......

huh.

other than that life is quite good. bed is big and muscles are aching from first round of basketball in years....

No comments: