Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I can't believe this is my first '09 blog. Gosh - where is the year going??

Following the theme of my previous post, I've been thinking about Big Vision vs daily living....

Although it's relatively easy for me to have an idea, a big vision to chase and dream about, I'm realising the character building challenge is to consistently do the small things.

It's exciting to have a big idea to talk about, a dream to sketch out and embellish. But it draws me away from here, from now and from the people around me. It is here, now, that Jesus has put me and here that he wants to meet me.
To do the dirty dishes day after day, to remember people's birthdays and find Jesus in the commute is no small task (esp on the tube or london traffic). Its the challenge for it not to be about my vision, but about His Family, His Kingdom.

So I thought I would make a list of things/values/practices that I would aim to do consistently whenever, wherever I happen to be. Two that leap to mind are hospitality and creativity - not too hard I thought, surely I can do that. Perhaps my list should be longer??

But then I went into the kitchen, to dirty dishes and two people round for dinner. and I was grumpy, fed up with community living and all out of patience.

Suddenly it's not so easy.

and I haven't had a creative thought, brush stroke or guitar cord in ages......

So maybe I'll just start with those two and patiently allow patience grow in the shadow of His love and grace.
and the Big Vision.? Well, I haven't given it up, but I'll entrust it to His Big Hands. It seems my little hands are full for now.

1 comment:

HDC said...

i love listening in to your thoughts anna. been too long since our last cuppa and natta....soon soon xx