Saturday, September 04, 2004

hello world

well... september is finally here!! I don't know a more eagerly anticiapted month in my whole life, new 'season', new times and hopefully a new direction on this path.

For the last few months I have been chilling and hanging out with the big man, while looking, in part, for a job. I said to a friend two weeks ago, that i felt i was just adrift and floating around. He replied, 'Anna, I think you are being moved with purpose and destiny into a new current of life..'!!!

And i think i may soon be reaching that point. horay!

The last few weeks have been a bit emotional, to say the least, but finished with a week camping with some of my favorite people in the world. Devon didn't know what hit it, quickly followed by a more gentle attack on the gower in Wales...
It was fun just to hang out with people, chat, catch up and make new friends. It was also good to be released just to be real with people when i was feeling pooey and in need of a good cry. Which, to be honest, has been quite a bit recently!

But now i am back, sleeping in a room which is bigger than me (short tents are not good), with two new house mates and a whole heap of hope for the future. I am not sure what it entails, and am beginning to think that any ideas i do have are so well of the mark that they are comical!

However, although by normal terms things seem a bit shot ( no job, little money, lots of debt, no career plan and a broken relationship)... I am feeling rather joyful and very hopeful. That, me thinks, is the paradox of faith.... (hoping in what we cannot see....)
but also the knowledge that the things of the world, in comparison to the things i treasure most (friends, love, intamacy and increasing depth with God) are really transitory. So I guess i am finding out how to be content in all (worldly) circumstances knowing that somethings can never be taken away!!!

No comments: