Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I've just got back from fun and frolicks in Greece where a good frined got married in one of the worlds best spots, on the side of a volcano crater!! ( and all the geologists go oooooh!). It was really fun to get out of manchester, to chill out and do verylittle, but in a different place, with different people.
Especially loved laughing lots more, esp with HDC.... sore tummies and all!! Met lots of sweedish people who were v funny. Made me feel very english and realise that i do enjoy a good cup of tea with cake (who wouldn't???). They have this great saying in sweeden that if a drink is really amazing that it is like "angels pissing on your tongue"... nice!!
Anyway, crashing on..... very much enjoyed the advenutre of it all, the getting lost on the wrong side of the road, finding the nunnery and the french astro-physicist, all topped off by a beautiful sunset wedding with lots of new friends and good food. yum.

SO I am now back in manchester without a job, but definately knowing that i am not doing nothing. Friends have corrected my 'oh, im not doing anything' enough to make me realise that the life i am trying to eeck out here is in fact something. The next couple of months will hopefully be ones of travel through Britain, a pilgramage, some might say.... crazy prayer adventures me thinks!!
But having been surrounded by people who think the english/british are very funny and a little odd (although the exapmles they met were not typical me thinks), I would quite like to find out what makes the british who we are... other than Heinz tomato sauce, terry wogan and the bbc...

I am also quite giddy about discovering my girlie nature, which i am realising, thankfully, doesn't have to include either ribbons or small flwoer print dresses.... urgh! Even went so far as to do my nails yesterday... well as far as buffing anyway. quite enjoying their new look...... simple things!!

Enjoying Autunm colours in the trees/ parks/ pavement depending where the leaves are, oh and my mum's bonfire toffee
Not enjoying the Christmas adverts, its not even halfway through November!!! But somehow i still fancy a mince pie.... (sick and wrong this early on surely!)

No comments: