Sunday, January 30, 2005

I have been wanting to blog for days but my words keep getting in the way. But having written reams of words, after being told, 'just put your pen to paper and let it happen', i feel it is less of a problem.

I am back in manchester seeing friends and verging on dreaming dreams. Something in the writing realm has exploded so I am happily occupied writing and listening. It seems quite chilled as I am not going out of the country for a few weeks at least (I am waiting for a new passport), but I am realising the importance of relationships and investing in them when I have the chance.

Waited for an hour and a half for a bus. It was very cold. boo.

Also still very much thinking over what i saw in Uganda, and the camps of people fleeing the civil war. I am happy to say, it is not something i can shrug off easily while living my comfy life over here.
but more on that later.....

Did you know there is no VAT on cake!! How cool!! Although, it did mean that the makers of the fab Jaffa Cake had to go to court to prove that they were cakes, not biscuit. (cakes go hard over time, while biscuits go soggy, obviously!!).

Oh dear, it makes me laugh and cry all at the same time.
Especially when in contrast to the above paragraph.

Its a funny messed up world......

No comments: