Tuesday, October 18, 2005

almost finished....

my time here in manchester. phew i hear some of you say. me too. I have been talking of leaving for about 6 months, so its good to finally see the door out.
Am off to london in pilgrim style. back pack on back and a place to stay for a few weeks. no "proper job" (whatever that is) and a few pounds. i can't wait. it feels like the adventure has been a little static these last 12 months, so am looking forward to being more mobile.

the leaves are b-e-a-utiful at the mo.
I have discovered that canadian geese are not the brightest birds in the sky . yesterday while in a cleaning frezy in the local pond one decided to do the head down - bum up pose, only to tip a bit too far and end up on his back, legs flapping and all!!!!! He quickly righted himself only then to fly around swarking at the seaguls in an embarressed, i've just ruined my rep sort of way. defo kept me chuckling.

also reminded me of another type of canadian, prone to random acts of silliness, like putting knickers in the deep freezer! miss u lots - bring on the harley!

Having seen so many friends leave here, it feels a bit late to do the "last things to do in the city" thing, but I am enjoying seeing manchester with fresh eyes - taking notice of the little things which for the past 2 years i have walked past. But moe than that, I have realised more and more what an amazing bunch of people i have known here.
Every time i go to the park i find myself talking to strangers, who are generally lonely and just looking for a bit of company. But in my time here i have been really fortunate to have people about, who although did not always get me, at least wanted to try.

Soon however i will join the "they used to live here" group, who seem splattered all over the world. I look forward to that, but for now i'm really thankful that i live here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as one of the 'used to live here' group that i seemed to become part of far to quickly - i really like the 'splattered all over the world' phrase!

feeling splattered but with love!!

HDC