Saturday, February 02, 2008

There's dirt on the window
Rubbish on the street
Narrow roads limit the sky
And silence has not been heard
Since we started here.

Yet as I climb
With creaks
And close myself in
I begin to soar.
My hair scrapes the ceiling
But I could run for miles.

There's only one star
In the orange tinted dusk
But it's enough
A reminder.

As I close my eyes,
Expanse opens ahead.
The traffic roar
Is turned to a dull drone
As stillness rushes on me
Like a crowd.

I rest
Yet intrigued
I long to tred deeper
Where do you end?
Where do you lead?

This foolish mind restricts
Your limitlessness.
I stumble
Like a blind senseless brute,
Desperate to be free
Of those restraining lines.

Unused to space
To freedom
My steps unsteady
But courage grows
As those voices quieten,

And soon I'm running.
No idea where
Forwards, sideways
Onwards,
And joy rises
As the unseen
Becomes the explored.

2 comments:

na said...

*gasp!*
watto, did you write that?!

HDC said...

as the unseen becomes the explored....

simply exquisite!